Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hiring, Team Building & Staffing, and Career Development

I have really enjoyed the two weeks of class that we discussed hiring, team building and staffing, and career development. We discussed a lot of things that I felt could help me obtain a job. I felt that discussing different interview questions got me thinking, and helped me feel more prepared for future interviews. I especially liked meeting with Sue in the career development center. I learned so much from her, and I left her office feeling even more confident and ready for interviews. 
Team building is obviously something very important, but I feel it is sometimes overlooked, by candidates, during the hiring process. Some people may feel that they are the most qualified candidate for a position, but it is also important to realize that the person that will be hired also needs to fit in with the team in order for things to flow smoothly on the unit.
I am kind of a nerd, but I kind of enjoyed talking about scheduling, and answering the scheduling question on the test. One thing I found interesting about scheduling though was the amount of time that is actually spent doing scheduling, and it makes me wonder why more organizations do not have set schedules, it seems to make most employees happy, and it saves a lot of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment