Friday, April 13, 2012

Motivation (class)

I enjoyed our class discussion on motivation. It was interesting to hear everyone's input about what motivates them. One thing I hadn't thought about before was the point brought up about when bring food to motivate or praise someone, make sure it is not something simple. This could make them feel not valued. I also thought the discussion about money was interesting. People are never going to be satisfied with what they are making, and if you start paying them more to motivate them, they are just going to want to make more. I think that maybe just giving them a bonus would be better that giving them pay raises. Another thing that was interesting is the point that was brought up about the movie ticket, and other things that are handed out to staff, and how it is counted towards their annual income. I did not know that this was happening, and I think it is kind of sneaky, however, it is still nice to get things like that. Although, the money would probably be nice, it is nice to receive things like movie tickets because many times if people are given money they will not use it to do something fun, so giving these movie tickets allows employees to do something fun at no cost to them. Overall I thought this was a fun topic to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment